Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Renise!!

This year, as Renise had started to attend some Art class with her sister, we had decided to celebrate her birthday earlier at her Art class so that she would have friends to sing birthday song and shared her joy.
As promised, I had baked her a Cinderella Doll Cake. She always tell me that she is Cinderella whenever we read the story, so I've decided to bake this cake for her.
Instead of the usual doll pick where it's only the head and half body, I bought her the whole doll from Toy R'us. It was a Cinderella Barbie Doll with a necklace and comb and shoes which she can play with after the celebration. Wow, this cost me $30!! But well, it's her birthday, and this was also my birthday gift for her.
Well, the cake was a challenge. As I'm using the usual barbie doll, the cake was taller than the previous cake which I had done before. It consisted of 4 layers of cakes with 3 flavours, Chocolate Sponge, Buttermilk cake and of course the usual Butter cake. I'm supposed to cover the skirt with fondant, but I do not have enough to do it and my fridge is not tall enough to store the cake if I will to use fresh cream. Even if my fridge can store it, I doubt the fridge in the Art class can, hence, without much choice, I had to cover it with buttercream icing.
This was the cake I did for her:

Beside this, I was worried that this may not have enough to share for all the kids at the class, also, I was lazy to scout for goodie bags and packing them, I baked and decorated the Cinderella Themed cupcakes for her.... obviously.... the glass slippers was the choice :

Again, will update her party photo later. :)

2 comments:

average Joan said...

wow..did u create those shoes urself?>

Vanessa said...

Hee, yup, created those shoes myself, that's why it didn't really look like shoes :P