Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wedding Cake Finally

Ta da!!! Today is the day where the cake will be assemble. I was very excited this morning. Keep worrying about not able to do it well. Then, as I do, I started taking photos to mark every level of it. Here how it goes:
1) I started off with icing the cake, i.e put chocolate frosting in between the cakes. She wanted a chocolate cake, as I didn't do it for her, I take the trouble to do a small portion of chocolate frosting to put in between it, hee, no chocolate cake, but got chocolate cream lah.

2) Then I started to roll out the fondant. Wow, the fondant is a tedious job, i need to roll out a big n thick enough sheet to cover the cake top to bottom and it kept sticking on to the countertop, or otherwise, got hole on it...can faint leh, I do this for the whole morning, from 9am till 1pm then I managed to get 2 cakes covered with fondant.
3) After covering the cake with fondant, I started working on the lower tier (which is also the 1st tier), I tried many times to do the drape. A drape is a cloth-like deco at the side of the cake. I need to re-do it many many times before putting it on, cos our weather is so hot n humid that the fondant is so soft and not hard.
4) When the drape was done, I got headache, cos it's suppose to go with ribbons, but the fondant cannot harden to make the ribbons.... I've tried a few times and I need the ribbons to be of the same size, but I can't, cos the fondant is too soft liao!!! Ok, nvr mind, rest awhile, have my lunch first, after that, shower my Reyna and play with her for awhile and get back to my cake. I started off by trimming the cake base of the top tier to fit the cake exactly, no more no less and very, very slowly, stacked the cake on top of the lower tier and making sure it is centralised. Hand shaky man.
5) Ok, finally, I started decorating every thing...and here's the finished cake. Btw, I ended up using the real ribbons as ribbons rather than fondant ribbons. Easier and faster. :p
Last but not least, Weijing & Ridzuan, Have a Blissful Wedding. 祝你们白头谐老,永结同心,早生贵子, 恭喜,恭喜!

No comments: