Sunday, April 13, 2008

First Competition

Yesterday, Rachel participated in a Colouring Competition organised by her school. It was a on the spot colouring competition and she won the 3rd Prize.

We reported at around 9.15am and upon receiving of the contest picture, we started to stack up chairs and luckily I've remembered to brought along a board as backing for her and she started doing the colouring. It was a headache for me, Rachel is a very curious and talkative gal, as she was colouring, her hand was moving, but her eyes were distracted by her surrounding and gosh, the picture was quite big and she needs to complete it by 11.30am!! I sat beside her all the time, keep asking her to concentrate, colour properly, discussing with her about the picture, which part is the clothes, which part is the legs and body so that she knows what colour to fill it in. The picture consists of 4 person (4 community), 2 flats, 1 kite, 1 stretch of bushes and 1 big sky.... by 10.30am, she only coloured 3 person and she's still yaking away, taking her own sweet time!! I got nervous and started losing my patience (it was hot and humid also), I started scolding her that time is running out and yet she's still taking her own sweet time. She struggled, her mum, me, keep pushing her....rushing her....and finally, she managed to finished her colouring on time. (Cos she also got stressed as most of the people had already handed up the picture :P)



During the competition, we saw parents, family, brothers and sisters helping out to help their kids to colour the picture, which I felt it was unfair, however, it's just a small kids competition and I can't be bothered much. Finally, it's was the result time, Rachel got 3rd prize, but personally lah, I feel the 1st 2 prizes was a kelong! How can a K1 student coloured till so nicely w/o going out of the line and the stroke was so firm and precised. One of them even can draw the outline of the picture to create a different colour tones. It's not that Rachel got 3rd that I'm not happy with, cos Rachel still colour out of the line and some of the colour smudge as she colours, but hers was all done by herself. I'm actually proud of her.

This picture was actually her receiving prize (1 plague and $5 Popular Voucher) from Dr Ong Chit Chung:


I want to add, this is her first competition, it was quite enjoying for me and I hope I can accompany her more for such competition. Btw, I think she also enjoyed my company as I've never accompanied her to do her colouring till her completion of the picture because she always loose her concentration and run away from the table. :P

2 comments:

isishui said...

wah... rachel draws really well.. i already so old liao.. still can't draw as well as her... :)

btw, i spotted something interesting.. did u realised tt the flats r floating? *blink*

Vanessa said...

Hahaha, 1st, she didn't draw that picture, it was supposed to be a colouring competition, hence the picture was provided. :)

2nd, I di realise at the begining of her colouring that she should colour the bottom the flat colour, but I think I was also in the rush n missed that out...yup it's floating!!! bTW, I think it was my hb who guuided her to that portion as I was helping her to touch out those little mistakes she did :P