Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fruitful Weekend

The just past weekend was a fruitful one. I had 2 days to do all my baking and trialing.... so happy.... On Sat, after I came home from my mum's place, I started working on the Tiramisu which Shihui had ordered for her hubby. This time round, I used chocolate wafer to put at the side of the heart-shaped cake rather than leaving it plain with raw edges or lady's Finger:



After that, I've also tried the Mee Sua Kueh recommended by the forum friend and receipe courtesy of Pooh. But I didn't take a picture of it, was in a rush. :P

Then, on Sun, I finally had a chance to try the 65C Bread Loaf.

This was the loaf just out from the oven.
After slicing.
Close look at the texture, it feel so soft, but I'm wondering if I did anything wrong with it as I was expecting soft loaf with soft crust, but the outside of the bread was not as soft as I've expected. :P But it's still nice.

I've made another batch, thinking it may not be enough to just make 1 loaf, so this is another batch (Before baking):


I've made it like raisin plaits and the long roll contains cheese, the short one, 1 is cheese, 1 is raisin wraped up.


I'm hoping I'm able to have another fruitful weekend this week, but I doubt so, but I will try to bake chiffon cake for Reyna to eat on Monday. :)

No comments: